Some features of this site are not compatible with your browser. Install Opera Mini to
better experience this site.
- Bolch, T. et al (2012, April 20) The State and
Fate of Himalayan Glaciers. Science, 336 (6079), 310-314.
- Casey, K. et al (2012, January 19) Geochemical
characterization of glacier debris via in situ and optical remote sensing methods: a case study in the
Khumbu Himalaya, Nepal. The Cryosphere, 6, 85-100.
- Casey, K. (2012) Supraglacial dust and debris:
geochemical comparisons from glaciers in Svalbard, southern Norway, Nepal and New Zealand. Earth
System Science Data Discussions, 5, 107-145.
- Casey, K. and Kääb, A. (2012, September 7) Estimation
of Supraglacial Dust and Debris Geochemical Composition via Satellite Reflectance and Emissivity.
Remote Sensing, 4 (9), 2554-2575.
- European Space Agency (2008) Globglacier. Accessed May 3, 2013.
- Gautam, R. et al (2013, March 16) Satellite
observations of desert dust-induced Himalayan snow darkening. Geophysical Research
Letters, 40 (5), 988-993.
- Hansen, J. et al (2009, December 8) Black soot
and the survival of Tibetan glaciers. PNAS, 106 (52), 22114-22118.
- Kääb, A. et al (2012, August 23) Contrasting
Patterns of Early Twenty-First-Century Glacier Mass Change in the Himalayas. Nature,
- NASA (2012, April 2) Meet Kimberly
Casey: Studying How Debris Influences Glaciers. Accessed May 3, 2013.
- Oerlemans, J., et al (2009, September) Retreating
alpine glaciers: increased melt rates due to accumulation of dust (Vadret da Morteratsch,
Switzerland). Journal of Glaciology, 55 (192), 729-736.
- Randolph Glacier Inventory GLIMS: Global Land Ice Measurements from
Space. Accessed May 3, 2013.
- Scherler, D. et al (2011, January 23) Spatially
variable response of Himalayan glaciers to climate change affected by debris cover. Nature
Geoscience, 4, 156-159.
- Warren, S. and Wiscombe, W. (1980, December) A Model for the Spectral
Albedo of Snow. II: Snow Containing Atmospheric Aerosols. Journal of Atmospheric
Science, 37 (12), 2734-2745.
- Wired (2011, January 24) Himalayan
Glaciers Shrinking, With Some Exceptions. Accessed May 3, 2013.
- Wiscombe, W. & Warren, S. (1980, December) A Model for the Spectral
Albedo of Snow. I: Pure Snow. Journal of Atmospheric Science, 37 (12), 2712-2733.
- World Glacier Monitoring Service (2008) Global Glacier Changes:
facts and figures. Accessed May 3, 2013.
- Zemp, M. (2011, May) The monitoring of glaciers at local,
mountain and global scale. Habilitationsschrift zur Erlangung der Venia Legendi, University of