Given art supplies, students will create a model of a plant that could live in a particular biome. Careful attention should be given to the adaptations the plant would need to have to survive in a specific biome.
Art paper, modeling clay, paper plates, tape, scissors, glue markers, staples, craft supplies (feathers, beads, glitter, buttons, etc.)
- Students will determine which biome their plant will live in.
- Students will select art supplies to create their "designer plant."
- Students will write a description of their plant (refer to rubric).
- Students will give an oral report on their plant.
Rubric for Written Activity
4. Handwriting is neat, makes use of correct grammar and spelling, more that two adaptations which are correct for that biome, reasons for adaptations are clear.
3. Handwriting is neat, mostly correct grammar and spelling (fewer than four errors), two adaptations which are correct for that biome, reasons for adaptations are clear.
2. Handwriting is neat, five or more errors in grammar and spelling one adaptation which is correct for that biome , reason for adaptation is clear.
1. Handwriting is legible, many errors in grammar and spelling, no effort was made to adapt plant to a biome.